A Million Dollar Friday Five
Singing Owl at RevGalBlogpals posses this question today:
Lingering effects of a cold have me watching more television than usual. There appears to be a resurgence of the old daytime staple--the quiz show. Except they are on during prime time, and a great many of them offer the chance of winning one million dollars.
I think it started with Regis Philbin and "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" but now we have a half dozen or so.
My husband and I started musing (after watching "Deal or No Deal") about what we could do with a million dollars. I thought I'd just bring that discussion into the Friday Five this week. It's simple. What are five things you would want to do with a million dollar deposit in your bank account?
1) Get thee behind me Satan! Five years ago my life changed drastically. Part of that change was financial. In that time I have been within $15 of total poverty and I have been deathly ill. Though money is a necessity, DON'T give me a Million! I would not deal with it wisely I am afraid.
2) The above aside I guess a Million would provide a level of security and ability to pay one's debts that I currently don't have.
3) I would like to be able to be generous and give some money to good causes.
4) I am not sure money would really improve my life all that much at the base of things. I would be able to help my children a bit and that would be good.
5) I might buy a new car. My present one is nine years old with 160,000 miles on it. The car would have to be fuel efficient and simple. The Amish may have the right idea about simple living.
What I would really like is a Million Blessings for each of you!